I look quite ridiculous right now, because I’m doing a little happy dance in front of my computer, clad in my blue plaid pajamas. You may be wondering why I’m merrily dancing around my computer at such an early hour on a Sunday morning (West Coast timezone!). Or you may not give a hoot, in which case, maybe you should go grab some coffee and come back later.
I’m doing my silly little jig because my favorite mother-daughter writing duo, Inion N. Mathair, authors of The Perfect 7, have nominated me for The Sunshine Award. They have a wonderful blog that you should check out: http://inionnmathair.wordpress.com/ I had the great pleasure of reading their book, The Perfect 7, last month, and it was one of the best books I’d read all year (and I read A LOT of books!). Reading The Perfect 7 is like riding a roller coaster that you never want to end. As I finished reading the last page, all I could think was, “More, please!!” Fortunately, there is more to come, and I cannot wait for the next book in the series to be published! The writing is top-notch, and the nail-biting twists had me turning pages faster than I thought possible. If you’re looking for an amazing horror novel, check out The Perfect 7:
Naturally, I was honored when Inion N. Mathair nominated me for The Sunshine Award, and I happily accepted the honor. To fulfill the stipulations, I will answer seven questions about J. Cornell Michel, and then provide seven quirky facts about me (I think it would be more difficult to provide seven unquirky facts about myself. Spellcheck says unquirkly isn’t a word. Shut up, Spellcheck). After I share my quirky facts, I will pass this award on to other bloggers who have brought sunshine into my life.
1. If you could go back in time ten years and tell yourself one thing, what would it be? I would tell myself to start writing right away, and not to wait so long because of the fear of failure.
2. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor? All. I want all the ice cream!
3. If you were to take me on a date, where would we go and why? Probably the movies. I love going to the movies. I love the overpriced popcorn, the anticipation you feel as the previews play, and being cramped in a dark theater with a bunch of strangers who are all sharing the same experience. I know it’s not a great place for a date because you can’t talk during the movie, but talking is overrated.
4. Above all else, what are you afraid of? Zombies. Duh.
5. What would you do if you knew you couldn’t fail? Take a year off of work and write one book per month. But someone has to pay the rent and put candy on the table, so that’s not going to happen.
6. What has been your favorite age to be and why? That’s tricky. Last year was pretty damn great. Turning thirty was a big deal for me, and I had a bit of a mid-life crisis (I have a feeling I won’t make it past sixty). So I filled my thirtieth year with amazing experiences, and I had such a blast checking off several activities on my bucket list. Publishing a book was on my list, and I’d say that that was one of my happiest moments of last year.
7. Coffee or tea? Both, please, with sugar.
Seven Quirky Facts about J. Cornell Michel
1. I love horror movies and romantic comedies. I would really love to see a romantic horror comedy one of these days (if anyone even thinks about mentioning Warm Bodies they will get smacked!).
2. I’m addicted to Twizzlers, and I wouldn’t eat real food if I didn’t have to. I would be perfectly happy eating a diet exclusively made up of candy.
3. I consider myself a feminist, but I listen to misogynistic rap music (weird, I know).
4. I enjoy writing hand-written letters. I feel like a character in a Jane Austen novel when I bust out my stationary (just like in Pride and Prejudice and Zombies).
5. I blush really easily (I hate it! Don’t look at me!).
6. I’m a Francophile, and I took French immersion classes a few years ago so I could speak fluently when I visited Paris on my honeymoon.
7. I’m painfully shy, but I enjoy talking to strangers.
Here are the bloggers I’d like to nominate. Each of these writers has brought sunshine into my life, and I’m grateful to them for all the smiles they’ve given me.
Ian McClellan http://politicalhorrorstory.weebly.com/ians-zomblog.html
Cedric Nye http://www.youtube.com/user/primalpunch
K.A. Davur http://www.hunterthehorrible.com/#!mackenzies-blog/c1rt2
A.S. Thompson http://theasthompson.blogspot.com/
Edward M. Wolfe http://edwardmwolfe.com/
Cristiane Serruya http://www.cristianeserruya.com.br/site/blog
Obviously, the nominees shouldn’t feel obligated to participate. I know you’re all busy, but I wanted to present you with an occasion to spread the joy!